Note: Developing a business proposal requires specific steps that need to be executed in a sequence. The assessments in this course are presented in sequence and must be completed in order.
Pick a company or organization that you are familiar with. This can be your workplace, place of worship, volunteer workplace, or a company found from a case study from the Capella University Library or on the Web. When picking the company or organization, think about your educational specialization area, information technology interests, or career goals.
- Examine your organization to determine if it exhibits any of the warning signs that indicate difficulty in integrating business goals and processes.
- Consider the following questions as you look at your organization’s business goals and processes:
- Do you feel the company or organization is utilizing information technology effectively? Why or why not?
- Does this organization have many isolated systems that make it difficult for necessary work to flow smoothly as an end-to-end process?
- Does this organization have difficulty sharing data with anyone in the organization who needs the data as part of their implementation of a business goal?
In three pages, discuss what you have learned in your examination of this organization. Include the following:
- Company or organization background.
- Description of its business mission.
- Explanation of at least two business goals or objectives.
- At least two business processes used at the company or organization.
- At least two information systems used at the company or organization.
- Explanation of how IT systems do or do not integrate with business goals.
- Explanation of challenges and opportunities with today’s IT systems that are relevant to business processes.
- Citations and references for any sources used.
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to APA style and formatting found in the Capella Writing Center.
- Number of resources: Minimum of four resources.
- Length of paper: Minimum three double-spaced pages.
- Font and font size: Arial 10-point or Times New Roman 12-point.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 1: Examine business goals to determine benefits from information technology and information systems.
- Describe a business mission.
- Explain business objectives.
- Competency 3: Plan a strategy for designing and employing an information system to meet business goals.
- Explain challenges and opportunities with today’s IT systems that are relevant to business processes.
- Competency 4: Analyze enterprise architectures and the impact they have on the effectiveness of business processes.
- Explain the integration of IT systems and business goals.
- Competency 5: Communicate effectively using professional standards appropriate to the IT field.
- Follow APA guidelines for resources and citations, and create a document that is clearly and professionally written and generally free of grammatical errors.