Industrialization will enhance your knowledge of the socio-economic infrastructure that began to emerge after the War of 1812. The transformation of transportation, communication, and mechanization made life in America easier. America was becoming a leading competitor in the global community while building an internal cohesiveness between the North, South, and East. The years between 1815 through 1860 was characterized by new inventions based on scientific discovery with mass production that used new power sources. Vast industrial centers were introduced with an increase in immigration that would eventually lead to labor reform and civil rights. A modern society was taking shape.
Use the following resource for this assignment:
Feel free also to locate and incorporate additional scholarly sources to respond to this case study.
Construct the case study by responding to at least 3 of the following prompts:
- Explain what scientific discoveries were made during this period and how did they contribute to industrialization?
- What new power sources arose as a result of the scientific discoveries?
- How was the power sources used, and what sources of power did they replace?
- What new materials were developed?
- How did the new material contribute to the new inventions?
- How was communication revolutionized by industrialization?
- Analyze how is another aspect of industrialization represented in the source?
Locate and incorporate additional scholarly sources to respond to this case study. Make sure to cite and reference sources. Make sure that the writing is clear, well-developed, and free from spelling and grammatical errors. Please note that part of your grade is to include a documented example of the primary source.
Writing Requirements (APA format)
- Length: 3 pages (not including title page or references page)
- 1-inch margins
- Double spaced
- 12-point Times New Roman font
- Title page
- References page
- Use in-text citations that correspond with your end references