1.Part A: Cryptography (Dr. Martin Tunnicliffe) – worth 50%: Suggested word-count: 2,000
2.Part B: Data Governance and Identity Theft (Dr. Nada Philip) – worth 30%: Suggested word-count: 1,500
3.Part C: Network Security (Dr. Martin Tunnicliffe) – worth 20%: Suggested word-count: 1,000
Each section will be assessed by a separate report, but these should be combined into a single document for submission. These should include diagrams, tables etc. where appropriate. (Where these are taken from other documents, references should be cited).
Recommended structure (for each individual report)
• Background (including technological background).
• The issues which are discussed in your report.
• A brief summary of the report structure.
Main body of report
• Do not call it that – it could be composed of several different sections.
Conclusion and Recommendations
• What lessons were learned from the exercise?
• How are the findings potentially helpful?
• All major sources of information should be acknowledged.
• Referencing should be in an appropriate academic style (e.g. Harvard).
Marks Breakdown (for each individual report)
• Main Body of Report:50%
• Conclusions/ Recommendations:20%
• Report structure, organization, presentation
and appropriate use of references:15%
Deadline: 3rd July 2020