Although you are just beginning your doctoral journey, you should begin giving thought to your research topic. As you are continuing to learn, scholarly research and writing are critical skills required for completing the DBA program, including your Doctoral Study. One aspect of scholarly research is developing a systematic way of collecting your articles and using them for current and future work. Creating an annotated bibliography is the method for developing and storing invaluable research information. Your initial steps to create an annotated bibliography provide you with opportunities to collect scholarly, peer-reviewed research material from articles, journals, reports, and seminal books that can help you to lay the foundation for the completion of your Doctoral Study. Mastering the systematic building of your annotated bibliography early will save you time as you progress toward the completion of your Doctoral Study.
To prepare for this Assignment, select three peer-reviewed scholarly articles, with each article addressing a topic of your interest for research.
For more information and an example of an annotated bibliography, refer to the Walden Writing Center’s annotated bibliography resource in this week’s Learning Resources.
By Day 7
Submit an annotated bibliography for the three peer-reviewed resources you selected. In your annotated bibliography, include the following:
- A full APA-style bibliographic reference for each resource that includes the author, date, title, place of publication, and publisher
- A summary of the document (2–3 paragraphs for each entry), including the main points, its purpose, the theoretical perspective on which it is based, and the scope
- For each article, evaluate the following:
- Reliability (research methods used, theories used, and data on which it is based)
- Appropriateness for the intended audience
- Background and authority of the author
- Limitations of the research (which can depend on the scope, reliability, age of the document, and bias)
- Significance of the research
Note: Be sure to use the Sample Annotated Bibliography template to complete this Assignment. Also, refer to the Week 5 Assignment Rubric for specific grading elements and criteria. Your Instructor will use this rubric to assess your work.