The purpose of this assignment is to analyze a company’s strengths and weaknesses in order to recommend feasible value-enhancing alternatives.
Consider the publicly traded company “Keurig”. In a paper of 1,000-1,200 words, discuss potential growth opportunities and strategies for “Keurig” company and compare the advantages and disadvantages of each opportunity.
1. Conduct a SWOT analysis for the company and discuss your findings. What advantages does the company have over its competition? What opportunities exist in the industry from which the company can benefit? Who is this company’s competition, and what types of risks might they pose? What weak areas could this company improve to compete with its strongest competitors?
2. Identify strategic alternatives that create value for the company. Which ones are focused on internal growth and what do they offer to the company? What are the drawbacks of these strategies? Which ones are focused on external growth and what do they offer the company? What are the drawbacks of these strategies?
3. How would you use a decision matrix to identify the leading alternative? Explain how you determined the values used to distinguish between each option. What about the matrix, if anything, may be limiting in its use value to an analyst or decision maker?
4. What factors might inhibit the success of the optimal strategic alternative identified? How can the issues you identified be addressed and corrected?
5. Growing an organization is not always about increasing the size of the firm. If expansion is not the main focus, what other elements lend themselves to growth of the firm? How might each be achieved?