Unit 1 Assignment: The Contemporary Value Chain Model in Action
This assignment is an opportunity for you to relate what you learned about the Contemporary Value Chain Model to your own knowledge and experience. The purpose of the assignment is for you to demonstrate a graduate level understanding of the direct correlation between the elements comprising the Contemporary Value Chain and the customer’s purchase experience.
- Use the already APA formatted template in Course Documents titled “Unit 1 Assignment Template Contemporary Value Chain” as your starting point for this assignment. Download the template and save it as your own document, for example, YourNameUnit1GB570.docx.
- Think about a horrible purchase experience — one you will never forget and perhaps because of which you will never buy anything from that brand ever again. Perhaps you told other people how shockingly bad this purchase experience was. In your paper you will describe the experience using the directions included within the Unit 1 Assignment template.
- Consider your Library research from the Discussion and Chapter 1 of your textbook. Internet references are not accepted for this assignment, although you may use Internet research for your own learning. At least two different sources are required to be used as references for this assignment, one from the textbook and at least one article from the Library.
- Think about what the (brand name) company could/should have implemented within their value chain to have ensured your experience was not bad, but instead left you with surpassed expectations (a delighted customer).
- Write a 4–6-page paper, not including the title and Reference pages, applying at least four of the elements in the Contemporary Value Chain Model and suggest how the company can improve the customer experience by fixing value chain elements. This is your opportunity not only to see where the brand’s value chain was not working properly, but to recommend what needs to be done so future customers have delightful experiences.
- Write your paper using first person perspective.
- Include a conclusion summarizing the paper’s content without introducing any new information.
- Support your response’s content with at least two separate sources, applied and cited references from a Library article and your textbook. Apply and cite no more than one referenced sentence per paragraph. Internet references are not accepted for this Unit 1 Assignment. Use APA in-text citations within the response and list the applied reference(s) at the end of the response using APA formatting. APA formatting resources are available in the Academic Resources area titled, “APA Style Central.”
Directions for Submitting your Assignment
Proofread your paper, confirm correct APA formatting, run spell check and grammar check, and proofread again. Compose your assignment in a Microsoft Word document and save it as YourNameUnit1GB570.docx. Submit your file by selecting the Unit 1 Assignment Dropbox by the end of Unit 1