There are fr general principles of effective intervention that have become organizing concepts of community corrections. They have stimulated what has become known as the “what works” movement. Prepare a digital slide presentation outlining the four general principles of the “what works” movement. For this assignment, you will prepare five digital slides that consider perspectives on the potential merits and limitations associated with each of the four general principles. It is important to develop the ability to frame an approach to content in a digital slide format. A digital slide format provides an opportunity to succinctly summarize points and to organize your thoughts in a compelling and coherent manner. Prior to beginning work on this assignment, please complete the assigned readings in the Wright (2012) text, Contemporary Prison Overcrowding: Short-Term Fixes to a Perpetual Problem (Pitts et al., 2014) and Assessing the Effectiveness of Correctional Sanctions (Cochran et al., 2014). In addition, please review the website Bureau of Justice Statistics (Links to an external site.). Also, please consider the recommended website resources.
In your slide presentation, using at least two scholarly, peer-reviewed, or credible sources in addition to the course text
- Analyze critical perspectives on the merits and drawbacks of each of the four general principles.
- Interpret constitutional principles for social and criminal justice that relate to at least one of the four general principles.
- Apply knowledge of cultural sensitivity and diversity awareness to a program, policy, or practice in corrections relevant to at least one of the four general principles.
- Explain a criminal justice issue within the system of corrections relevant to at least one of the four general principles.
*Note: To access theUniversity of Arizona Global Campus Library directly, click on the Writing Center and Library links in your left navigation. Watch the Database Search Tips (Links to an external site.) video for more and see Searching the University of Arizona Global Campus Library
Presenting engaging multimedia content also improves learner retention of information. Include visual enhancements in your presentation. Include appropriate images, a consistent font, appropriate animations, and transitions from content piece-to-content piece and slide-to-slide. (Images should be cited in APA format as outlined by the Writing Center guide to Tables, Images, & Appendices (Links to an external site.).) You may wish to use the Where to Get Free (and Legal) Images guide (Links to an external site.) for assistance with accessing freely available public domain and/or Creative Commons licensed images. It is recommended that you access Garr Reynolds Top Ten Slide Tips (Links to an external site.) and Simple Rules for Better PowerPoint Presentations (Links to an external site.), which provide useful assistance with creating successful PowerPoint presentations.
The Critical Perspectives on Effective Intervention presentation:
- Must be five slides in length (not including title and references slides) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Writing Center’s How to Make a PowerPoint Presentation (Links to an external site.)
- Must include a separate title slide with the following:
- Title of presentation
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least two scholarly, peer-reviewed, or credible sources in addition to the course text.